CellCube energy storage system - for continuous power supply.
The large-scale storage system CellCube FB 200-400, based on the vanadium Vanadium is a chemical element with the symbol V and atomic number 23. This steel-grey, bluish shimmering transition metal is mined as ore and used mainly in steel construction. Vanadium can be recovered as a by-product of energy production from coal-fired power plants and by burning heating oil. It is non-flammable, providing high level of safety and, thanks to its full-reusability, has a high residual value. redox Red stands for reduction = gain of electrons, while Ox stands for oxidation = loss of electrons flow technology, is the perfect solution for industrial use. With capacities of 400, 800, and 1600 kWh A kilowatt hour (kWh) is the amount of energy equivalent to powering one kilowatt (1 kW) for one hour (1 kW x 1 hour). Accordingly, there are megawatt hours (1 MWh = 1000 kWh) gigawatt hours (1 GWh = 1000 MWh = 1 million kWh) and terawatt hours (1 TWh = 109 kWh = 1 billion kWh). 1 kilowatt hour of electricity is equivalent to 17 hours of light from a 60 watt bulb. and a power rating The power rating of a wind turbine or solar power plant is the maximum power output possible under standard test conditions as specified by the manufacturer, often also referred to as installed capacity. The power rating of solar modules is often expressed in peak watts (kWp). of 200 kW Kilowatt (kW) is a unit of electrical power (energy consumption over time), 1 Kilowatt is equal to 1,000 watts. , expandable to many times that amount, the CellCube provides large energy reserves to cover power failures or limit peak loads.
Whether in combination with photovoltaic systems, wind power plants, diesel, gas or biogas generators, or operated in parallel to the public grid, CellCube is the optimal backup solution to provide uninterrupted power supply. The stationary large energy storage system provides an emission-free energy supply, efficiently and safely, and independent of weather, climatic or other intermittent factors.
- Grid support: To stabilise low and medium voltage systems, as an energy reserve, or to smooth out output spikes (management of load and production peaks)
- Backup: use as inline UPS system with frequency and amplitude decoupling; state-of-the-art system safety
- Wind and solar parks: use as a buffer to stabilise energy output and fluctuations, higher performance security through energy reserves in times of reduced performance
- Repowering: Investment protection: CellCube ensures constant energy feed even after the wind or solar park has been written off.
- Increase in self-consumption of renewable energies
CellCube FB 200 - the energy storage device for individual use.
We tailor our large-scale energy storage system to your individual requirements.
Click here to choose your combination of output and capacity (other combinations available):
1x CellCube FB 200-400
Advantages of the vanadium redox flow battery
- Virtually unlimited lifespan of the energy carrier (the system is designed to last up to 20 years)
- Energy storage system allows for unlimited charging cycles (charging/discharging)
- 100% deep discharge The term deep discharge generally refers to the withdrawal of almost all of the capacity of the battery. It is discharged to such an extent that the voltage drops below the final discharge voltage.
- High safety - non-flammable and non-explosive
- Output and energy are independently scalable (modular flexibility)
- Scalable up into the MW-range through simple parallel connection of multiple CellCubes
- Self discharge is negligible
- Only one battery element and therefore no risk of cross-contamination
- Homogeneous energy medium
- Vanadium Vanadium is a chemical element with the symbol V and atomic number 23. This steel-grey, bluish shimmering transition metal is mined as ore and used mainly in steel construction. Vanadium can be recovered as a by-product of energy production from coal-fired power plants and by burning heating oil. It is non-flammable, providing high level of safety and, thanks to its full reusability, has a high residual value. is a common raw material
HOW THE REDOX-FLOW BATTERY WORKS
The liquid energy carrier is stored in two tanks and pumped through the electrochemical cells. Depending on the applied voltage, the energy carrier is charged or discharged electrochemically. The charge controller and inverter An inverter is an electronic device or circuitry that changes DC voltage to AC voltage, i.e. direct current to alternating current. Inverters are used in photovoltaic systems, for example, where they convert the direct current of the solar cells to voltage that can be fed to the low-voltage grid. act as the interface between the electrical energy source and the user.
Performance and energy *
|Nominal charge output||200 kW|
|Nominal discharge output||200 kW|
|Capacity of the energy storage system||400 kWh (optional 800/ 1600 kWh)|
Battery and system voltage
|Output voltage option||400 VAC|
|Duty cycle / reaction time||grid-independent: < 20 ms, remote control: < 2 s|
|Control via external interfaces||serial, TCP / IP, other bus systems|
|Condition monitoring using remote query by e-mail||Charge rate, available energy, charge/ discharge power output, etc.|
|Efficiency depends on the area of application||up to 80 %|
Discharge time at nominal power output
|Discharge time (autonomy)||Depends on power output and capacity|
|1.5 hours **||200 kW|
|2 hours **||170 kW|
|3 hours **||130 kW|
|6.5 hours **||70 kW|
|Self-discharge during standby **||< 200 W|
|Self-discharge in tank||negligible (< 1 % per year)|
Size and weight
|Dimensions L × W × H||6060 × 2440 × 5800 mm|
|Weight (when empty)||20 t|
|Total weight (when filled)||60 t|
Climatic operating conditions
|Climatic operating conditions||-20°C to +50°C (monthly average)|
|The intelligent temperature management system maintains the indoor temperature between 20°C and 30°C. Thanks to adequate insulation (for heating or cooling) it can be used in all climatic zones|
IP protection class
|IP protection class||IP 54|
* Standard unit
** Subject to change